- Anand Ballou November 8th, 2019 Anand Ballou started his PhD in the Perception Team on November 1st, 2019. Anand’s PhD deals with reinforcement learning for audio-visual HRI, and happens in close collaboration with Dr. Radu Horaud (Inria, Grenoble). Anand’s PhD is funded by the Multidisciplinary Institute of Artificial Intelligence.
- Louis Airale November 8th, 2019 Louis Airale started his PhD in the Pervasive and Perception Teams on October 1st, 2019. Louis’s PhD deals with multi-modal (audio-visual) data generation, and happens in close collaboration with Prof. Dominique Vaufreydaz (UGA, Grenoble). Louis’s PhD is funded by the Initiatives de Recherche Stratégiques Program of IDEX at Université Grenoble Alpes.
- Wen Guo November 7th, 2019 Wen Guo started her PhD in the Perception Team on October 1st, 2019. Wen’s PhD deals with multi-person body pose estimation, and happens in close collaboration with Dr. Francesc Moreno-Noguer (UPC, Barcelona). Wen’s PhD is funded by the International Strategic Partnerships Program of IDEX at Université Grenoble Alpes.
- Yihong Xu October 1st, 2018 Yihong is a PhD student in the perception team working on deep neural architectures for different problems related to multiple object and person tracking. Yihong started his PhD in September 2018.
- Guillaume Delorme October 6th, 2017 Guillaume is a PhD student in the perception team that is interested in unsupervised person re-identification and on multiple-person tracking. Guillaume started his PhD on September 2017.
- Elsa Marie August 28th, 2019 Elsa Marie was a Masters Student at Perception Team working on speaker identification and verification. She defended on June 2019 obtaining one of the highest scores that year. Elsa then joined KTH to finish her studies.
- Vadim Sushko August 22nd, 2019 Vadim was a Master student at Perception Team working on the relation between people’s gaze and objects. Vadim defended his Masters Thesis in June 2019 and obtained an outstanding mark.
- Wei Wang April 6th, 2018 Wei Wang will defend his PhD in May 2018, with very nice contributions in computer vision, in particular in the use of deep learning (often based on recurrent networks and variational auto-encoders) for face analysis and synthesis. I had the pleasure to publish with him and to be part of his PhD ...
- Yutong Ban November 26th, 2016 Yutong is a PhD Candidate at the Perception Team under the supervision of Radu Horaud and mysefl. Yutong has worked on variational Bayes approximations with applications to multiple object tracking.. He also investigated how to take into account robot’s head movements ...
- Alessio Xompero July 28th, 2016 Masters I co-supervised Alessio‘s Masters Thesis with a very nice article on multiple speaker tracking that will appear soon in CVIU . Alessio is now a PhD Student at Queen Mary University London. References
- Dan Xu July 20th, 2016 I co-supervised Dan’s PhD when I was in University of Trento. I was also part of his PhD Jury! Dan’s PhD lead to many nice contributions, for instance retrieving images from sketches . Right now, Dan is a post-doctoral fellow in the Visual Geometry Group at University of ...
- Sergey Tulyakov July 20th, 2016 PhD I collaborated with Sergey during his last year of PhD and we developed a very nice method for remote heart-rate estimation in unrestricted videos. Looking forward for some more challenges on face analysis! References
- Dionyssos Kounades-Bastian May 2nd, 2016 PhD I am actively involved in co-supervising Dionyssos‘s PhD. We are doing many interesting things in sound source modeling and separation. In particular the separation of moving sources and low-rank parameter sound source modeling. Related publications are: , including a Best Student Paper Award.
- Israel Dejene Gebru February 20th, 2016 PhD Part of Israel‘s PhD is devoted to the detection and localization of speakers using audio-visual data. We proposed different methods that were published in different venues . He will most likely defend end 2016/beginning 2017. References
- Maxime Janvier May 20th, 2014 PhD and Masters I co-supervised Maxime during his Masters Thesis and the beginning of his PhD (before I went to Italy). Our studies covered mainly the topic of sound event classification and were successfully published in . Maxime is currently a research engineer in signal processing and neural software for ...