Beyond semantics: multi-modal understand of subjective properties, a special session @ ICMR’17
We are pleased to announce a special session at ACM ICMR’17 with the title:
Beyond semantics: multi-modal understanding of subjective properties
This Special Session aims to gather high-quality contributions on the latest systems and applications of multimedia analysis for subjective property (SP) understanding, detection and retrieval. In a nutshell, the focus of the special session is on computational methods to learn, infer or retrieve SP from multimodal data and their applications (e.g., SP-based advertising, retrieval and search). More specifically, the topics of the special session include (but are not limited to):
- Data collection/annotation and evaluation methods for SP studies, including active learning and crowdsourcing
- Computational models for individual SP detection in multimedia data, including beauty, sentiment, interestingness, memorability, creativity, ambiance
- Computational models for connected SP detection in multimedia data, including virality, popularity, engagement
- User diversity-aware models for individual and collective SP detection and retrieval
- Applications of SP detection and retrieval methods, including advertising, retrieval, search
- Applications of SP detection and retrieval methods in new contexts such as social good and urban spaces.
You can find all information here: http://www.icmr2017.ro/call-for-special-sessions-s1.php.
Follow news about the session on twitter with the tag #subjectiveMM.